Events and News
There are many organized bike rides and events within the City of Houston. Click on the links below to learn more about bicycling activities, events or weekly rides near you.
- BikeHouston maintains a Calendar of Events which highlights group rides and other activities.
- The Mayor’s Office of Special Events maintains a calendar of events, some of which are bike-related.
- Every May is Bike Month. To learn more, checkout the 2016 celebration HERE.
- Bike to Work Day Video: Check out 2016 route and highlights.
- Bike to Work Day Photos: Thank you for all photo submissions. (Coming Soon)
- Bike to Work Day Facebook Album: Still have some photos to add? Feel free to share them today.
- Traffic Skills 101: The City of Houston is proud to be a partner with the League of American Bicyclists (LAB) in the development of this online course to represent the classroom portion of the League's Traffic Skills 101 course.
Please follow the following links for bike-related news.
Houston B-Cycle to get 71 new stations (July 14, 2016)
Ribbon-cutting ceremony for Houston's first Hike and Bike Trail (White Oak Bayou) (July 9, 2015)
400 “Bikes for Excellence” awarded to HISD fifth-graders (May 18, 2015)
New bike lane opens downtown (Lamar Cycle Track) (March 26, 2015)